Wednesday, June 11, 2008

CPRS Award FTW!

((Written in the night of June 10th))

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was going to a very special event on June 10th. It's time for me to let the cat out of the bag.

I went to an award gala with Marc Angers, ARP (my director (Public Relations) and Lydia Dupéré (Communications Manager). It was a national award ceremony hosted by the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS). We recieved the Bronze award in the Print Projects category.

I will have the official pictures in a few days. In the mean time, enjoy the only pictures of me in a suit.


Me before the event and group picture of Céline Cormier, Marc Angers, ARP, me, and Lydia Dupéré

This was a pretty exciting event and a prestigious award. The "crème de la crème" of public relations and communications attended this ceremony. The whole evening (including the Champagne Reception where I met a lot of interesting people) was an amazing experience that I'll never forget, and I have an award that will follow me, professionally, for the rest of my life.

This project was a lot of work. From the "embryonic" stage to design, then development, up to the release; a lot of people were involved on a lot of levels. It was a team effort and this won't be forgotten. Thank you Marc for this amazing opportunity.

It's now close to 11:30 pm as I'm writting this in the hotel room. Halifax is not that close to Bathurst... we still have another 5-6 hours to drive to get back home tomorrow.


My setup while this was written, and my souvenirs.