Wednesday, June 4, 2008

masteringMaya: The Fundamentals - Alien Rigging

is now complete!

((Note: the two previous posts were published last night. For some reason, they appeared this morning with a timestamp from this morning... probably a little bug))

I finally finished rigging the Alien from Project 2 - The Abduction. This took a while with life and work getting in the way.

I attempted in the last few weeks to video capture the rig and comment over them so I could show it to you guys. For some reason, CamStudio doesn't like Maya. The Audio is perfect except when Maya is open. There are some serious sync issues that I can't even fix.

All I can do is show you the two Channel Boxes and let you trust me with this. You'll see in the Animatics that they do some pretty cool stuff.

Ship Control Rig Alien Control Rig

Now that I'm done rigging, it's time to present to you the Alien. I never posted images of it when I completed the shading because I wanted to create a pose first. For that, I needed the rig to work.

The Alien 1 The Alien 2