Thursday, May 15, 2008

Back to Addiction Azeroth...

If you've ever played World of Warcraft and tried to quit, you'll easily get the title. But first, just some updates.

I've been away for awhile. Steph got her laptop last Friday and very happy about it. I removed some of the third-party crap that comes with any brand name computer. Surprisingly, there wasn't that much. Then installed some security applications and updated Vista.

The biggest surprise for me was the speed and performance of it with Vista on a 2.4GHz Pentium Core2 Duo and 4GB of RAM system. We're both really satisfied and makes me a little excited of getting my own as soon as I sell my current computer.

With the title, you probably figured out by now that I'm playing World of Warcraft (WoW) again. When Steph got her laptop, we wanted to test out the performance. Since she's not a hardcore-PC gamer, the biggest game she would've eventually played would've been WoW. So, I downloaded the 10-day Trial on her laptop and set everything up.

It didn't take long for me to feel like I had to play. I had a lot of fun when I did have it, but not having anyone close to me to play with wasn't as much fun. She felt the same way.

It took a few days of playing the Trial and talking before we took the decision to play. She got the Battle Chest and I installed my own version. It took a while to take the decision because we didn't want to get addicted or have the game interfere with our lives. She's in college and I'm trying to expand my knowledge as a Multimedia Designer. We also decided to go with Game Cards. Where we buy our cards, it's cheaper for the same period than with the traditional payment plans. And, if we have to stop playing for a while, we just don't buy cards. They're not recurring like with a Credit Card, unless you buy and register a card before the previous one expires. It's just smarter and safer for us.

We're back in the land of Azeroth, having fun, but keeping a grip on reality and ourselves. We're playing a little lot these days because we're starting again, but we don't plan to over-do-it.

On a last note, Maya Progress: I almost finished rigging the Alien. I give myself a week or two to finish rigging it. I’m giving myself this much time because I'll be away for the upcoming weekend (three days) and have a few events at work to workout the logistics. There's also something very special on June 10th that I can't spill the beans about yet. You'll know more on the 11th.