Friday, February 27, 2009

What Are You Playing This Weekend - The Come Back!

And my [PSP] Prinny Impressions

It's the return of recurring themed post. For the newer readers, the concept is simple. I'm asking the question what are you playing this weekend? and you post a comment with your answer.

For me, I won't be playing much, but I will try to game quite a bit still.
  • [PSP] Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero - I'm going to attempt to complete my first playthrough Done!
  • [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable - US Demo - The game is coming out next week and I want to celebrate.
It's another PSP weekend for me.

But what's that, I have [PSP] Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? Yes, I do! I had to get the game for three reasons:I do have a warning for those interesed in playing - [WARNING]: This game is HARD!. This game will test the limits of your patience and gaming abilities. Do not believe, though, that the game is hard because it is cheap and unfair. The controls are commiting and stiff, but you are not at the mercy of the game. Jumping too far? Hip Pound. Need extra distance? Double Jump. I've lost over 300 Prinnies so far and they were all because of me—my fault.



This game is a spin-off of the popular SRPG Disgaea series featuring the almighty (ok, that's pushing it) Prinny characters. You control a Prinny and slash your way through a side-scrolling Netherworld. Etna is angry and sends her Prinny-Squad (all 1000 of them) on the quest to find the Ultra Dessert. You go through sidescrolling levels with 1000 lives (Prinnies). If you lose them all, it's game over. But, the items and unlockables obtained are saved, but you have to start over the stage progress.

The game is incredibly fun (even with it's unforgiving difficulty) and has a lot of personality. The sprites are wonderfully animated and the worlds are well themed and designed. There is a crap load of unlockables.