Wednesday, December 24, 2008

No updates? What's going on?

I know I said I was going to post something at the beginning of my Holiday vacation. Something sadly came up during Sunday's group practice [church music group] and things have been hectic ever since. My mom's twin sister who was fighting cancer passed away.

This is my mom's third sibbling that loses the fight against cancer. Even though it's never an easy thing to go through, we're taking it quite well. For me, I'm very grateful that the direct family won't have to spend Christmas at the hospital. I'm also very grateful that she won't have to suffer anymore. It's hard, but why beat yourself over this? Nobody had any control over this.

She's going to be exposed and the funeral is all going to be during the upcoming weekend.

In the meantime, I'm still playing flute tonight at the Christmas Eve 7pm mass at the St-Jean Baptiste Church in Tracadie-Sheila. I'm kind of excited and nervous, which I didn't feel ever since I rejoined the group. I wrote some incredible parts on a lot of the songs, but one of them is very different in terms of technique and complexity. Everything is in C, A, G, D, or F [major]. Very simple scales to work with. They all use # (sharps) except the F scale. One of them though is in Bb (flat) Minor. A five flat scale where my brain has problem registering that when I see a G that I don't play a G or G#, but an F# (Gb) instead... same with another note.

But that's fairly at the beginning (before the mass) and it's right before Minuit Chrétien (O Holy Night) and my part there kicks ass!