Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Final Waiting Stretch of Resistance 2

Resistance 2 is right around the corner... quite litteraly if you think of the weekend as a "corner".

Reviews and videos are pouring in. It's promising to be one of the greatest games of 2008.

I've been playing the Private and Public BETA for a little while. Not as much as I would've liked (damn you real life!) but I have to say that I'm damn impressed. I'm not going to go in the details of the BETA... it's all stuff everyone knows already. What I'll say is that it got me to reserve the Collector's Edition of the game... it's that good.

Reception is good so far. One of my favorite reviews for now is the IGN Review. I am, however, a little shocked at the 1up Review of the game. It's Thierry's opinion and I respect that. But there are a lot of weird border-line ignorant statements, as if Thierry Nguyen played for no more than 5-10 minutes in total (look for what he says about the FarEye) and for that the review unfortunately feels 'rushed out'. But what really throws me off is how can you call it one of the best games on ps3 and give it a B+?
"...it's certainly one of the best PS3 exclusives I've played."
Regardless, it's about Resistance and can still be worth a read (if you don't mind reading that feels rushed). It's Thierry's opinion and I got to respect that.

On a totally different note, here are some awesome videos that Gamersyde uploaded. Be forwarned, these are full of spoilers.

Gamersyde Resistance 2 - The First 10 Minutes (and much more!)
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

Kudos to whoever finds out the very obscure Insomniac Games reference in the video right before the first level starts.