Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Slow Progress

I just wanted to update you guys on why I haven't updated my blog. In short: I've been busy at work and lazy at home. But, I'm coming back into the groove of things. I'm dedicating two evenings a week on masteringMaya: The Fundamentals (MM:TF) and one on the upcoming Python Xtreme 101 class on 3DBuzz.com.

My evenings are going to look like in college. By structuring/dedicating my evenings, it's going to give me the incentive to persevere. Don't get persevere wrong. I love modeling and programming, but I work full-time in front of a computer monitor. When I get home from a hard day, I don't necessarly want to get in front of a monitor for a few hours.

I did it before. I've had long days at work and came home to MM:TF. It's not so bad, but everything seems harder when you're exhausted after a hard day's work.

I really need to start programming again, and the Python Xtreme 101 class timing is perfect. My goal is to eventually juggle masteringMaya: Advanced Modelling and XNA Xtreme (101). I like programming and I would love to learn more, especially game programming. Volume 1 and 2 looks exactly like what I want to do. But for now, focusing on MM:TF, Python will do the job :) !

As you may have noticed, I added a little widget on the right side to better display my progress in the various 3DBuzz training that I'm (and going) into.