Sunday, November 20, 2011

So Far in the Land of Skyrim...

(In no perticular order and as Spoiler-free as possible) In about 35 hours of Gameplay of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, I...

  • Explored maybe just under 10% of key locations (map markers);
  • Did little in the main story;
  • Killed 8 dragons (1 story, 7 random);
  • Crafted my first piece of Elven Armor;
  • Joined the Thieves Guild and did the first mission after the trial to join;
  • Joined the College of Winterhold (Mage’s Guild);
  • Joined the Companions (Fighters Guild) and got promoted from the starting "Whelp" rank to full-fledged member of the Companions;
  • That said, I learned the "blood" secret of The Circle, the highest rank of the Companions;
  • Mined a bunch of ore;
  • Cut a bunch of firewood;
  • Found a place to get all the Steel Arrows I want for free (small exploit);
  • Cleared maybe 15 to 20 random dungeons including helping a Hagraven reclaim her home (tower). NOTE: Not once in any of those dungeons have I felt any redundancy in the dungeon-design;
  • Solved a few puzzles in some of the dungeons. Some were not easy;
  • Discovered 7 other Dragon Words (not enough Dragon Souls yet to "unlock" them);
  • Also discovered an entire Dragon sentence (three Dragon Words) in one place. Had to kill a Dragon and a powerful Lich;
  • Got a great mask (Krosis) from the above Lich that had twice the Armor rating of the Elven Helmet I was wearing (see image above);
  • Cleared a room full of Vampires with the very trap that they had setup for me;
  • Someone contracted the Dark Brotherhood to assassinate me AND someone competing with the Riften Thieves Guild hired some thugs to rough me up;
  • Have watched an execution in the capital of Skyrim (Solitude);
  • Have also witnessed an assassination in Markath only to have another "witness" give me a note to meet him somewhere (the Guards of Markath did warn me not to stick my nose in any business that's not my own);
  • Found a treasure map, followed it, and found said treasure;
  • Found another treasure map that I can’t decifer;
  • Found a tower while exploring. As soon as I got "Discovered _____ Tower", a Spriggan popped out and killed me in 2 seconds (I was level 4 at the time);
  • Found a clearing earlier and saw two bears. I immediately told myself "Yes, I need Bear Pelts for one of those random quests" only to see a Spriggan "charm" the two bears. I ran away!
  • Bought a house and fully furnished it;
  • Have a butterfly in a bottle next to my bed and a Troll Skull on the other side;
  • Became the Thane of Whiterun;
  • Found a book detailing the entire story of the previous Elder Scrolls game (Oblivion);