Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chrome Apps & Kodigen

Today, I made two wonderful discoveries.

First, Google Chrome on one of my workstations updated itself to Chrome 9 (yet, my laptop is still on version 8 and labeled "up-to-date") revealing something hidden or unknown to a few people - Chrome Apps. The Chrome Apps are pretty much a preview to ChromeOS if you really think about it.

I find it incredibly fascinating to see that Cloud-Computing is taking its own space in the future... near future, says some. I find the Apps really convenient, even considering that some are simply bookmarks to other websites. It's really taking shape when the bookmarks are to other Cloud-Computing web-applications.

The second discovery cam while exploring the Google Web Store for Chrome Apps. I stumbled onto a bookmark-app to something called Kodingen—A Cloud IDE for Web Development!... Yes, the "Google Docs" of Web Development.

I'm absolutely in love with Kodingen. For learning or project development, it's such a deliverance. Everything is made easy, from setting up to configuration... even installing applications or CMS's (Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress, PHPBB, etc.) is simply "painless".