Friday, January 15, 2010

Where I'm Going in 2010... (Personal Life)

The last of the trilogy. I won't be going over many details of my personal life, but will hit some of the major things I want to change or accomplish this year.

First and foremost is the same as every year. Health, exercise, eating habits... What I want to achieve in this department is to reduce my eating portions (I don't eat terribly bad, I just eat a lot) and become more physically active. The exercising is a longterm goal. I can't just start jogging tomorrow. My cardio and lung capacity isn't really good and I need to start from the bottom of the ladder and climb up one by one. I need to start doing some small and basic cardio frequently and work my way up again.

Another thing I want to do relates to another thing I realized in 2008 was how many hobbies I had (too many). I couldn't keep them all up and after some very long and difficult thinking, I dropped some. I've been feeling downright balanced ever since. Problem is I often slack off or badly manages my time to game, which goes hand-in-hand with my gaming commitment problem. What I want to do this year is to put a bit more focus on music this year. Not only for my dad's choir, but also to really learn to play the Irish Whistle and Irish Flute.

If I can commit to focusing on music and manage my time for it, I'll learn to commit to other little things. I got a few side-projects that really don't go forward because I can't seem to make time for them. What I should start first, though, is the two commissions I have that are already on the table.



All-in-all, I got a nice plan for 2010, which is said to be a year of change. If I can follow this road map to the end of the year, things are going to be better for me and I'll be ready to move on to balance and organize my life even more.