Friday, March 6, 2009

What Are You Playing this Weekend? - Portable Star Edition

I swear I'll stop using lame titles... in 2080.

I'm in Tracadie for the Weekend, so my choices are limited. I brought my PSP and will probably focus my attention on these
  • [PSP] LocoRoco 2
  • [PSP] Phantasy Star Portable
  • [PSP] Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?
I was able to find Phantasy Star Portable. IGN gave it a 7.0 and Famitsu 33/40 (9/8/8/8). That's a big contrast. But, IGN pretty much says it right:
Despite its problems, including a terribly lackluster story, poor AI and imperfect lock-ons, Phantasy Star Portable is really satisfying, especially if you enjoy collecting loot and seeing your deliciously fashionable robo-wizard level up. The diversity of the weapons, mixed with the franchise's intrinsic charm, make this an appetizing title for the dungeon-savvy gamer.